Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Up to Date
Tue April 30, 2013
A Window Into The World Of Tourette's
People with Tourette's syndrome are often portrayed as spouting curse words uncontrollably, but there's more to the condition than that.
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, we’ll talk with local author James Fussell about how his Tourette’s syndrome connected him to fellow sufferer Jeff Matovic and how their resulting friendship helped them both through the painful struggles of their condition.
James A. Fussell is a feature writer for The Kansas City Star who has struggled with Tourette Syndrome. He lives in Kansas City, Mo.
Jeffrey P. Matovic is the first person to have his Tourette Syndrome controlled through deep brain stimulation.