Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up To Date
Thu May 9, 2013
William Whitener: Taking A Final KC Bow
William Whitener became Artistic Director of the Kansas City Ballet in 1996. After having staged, taught, acquired, commissioned or created 85 works for the organization and seeing it move into its new rehearsal and performance spaces, Whitener now prepares to leave the Ballet and embark on yet another chapter in his remarkable career.
On Friday's broadcast of Up to Date, Steve Kraske welcomes William Whitener for a conversation about his time with the Ballet and what it will be ready to do under his as yet unnamed successor. Plus, they talk about what Whitener has referred to as his "third act" as he heads back to the site of much of his early training and work, New York City.
Whitener also answered five questions in a web exclusive interview.