Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Central Standard Friday
Fri May 10, 2013
What's The Story Behind Your Street?
Have you ever wondered why a street is named the what it is? Or what that one person did that immortalized their name onto our mailing address? Some are fairly obvious, but many surprises abound when you start exploring. History host Monroe Dodd invites David Boutros, the Assistant Director at State Historical Society of Missouri, Daniel Serda a teacher at the KU school of Architecture Design and Planning, and Matt Gilligan of the Johnson County Museum to explore our streets and just how they became know for what they are today.