Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Up to Date
Thu September 26, 2013
The Weekend To-Do List: September 27-29, 2013
American Royal Parade: A star-spangled salute, including military personnel, 4H and FFA members, marching bands, drill teams, saddle clubs, vintage cars, civic groups and floats. 9:45 a.m. Saturday North up Grand Boulevard from Pershing to Truman Road Admission: Free.
“Gruesome Playground Injuries”: Boy meets girl and they sustain physical and emotional injuries for more than 30 years. 8 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, 8 p.m. Monday at Fishtank Performance Studio, 1715 Wyandotte, in the Kansas City, Missouri Crossroads District. Tickets: $30
- Liberty Fall Festival: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday; downtown Liberty; free
- Overland Park Fall Festival: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday, downtown Overland Park, 8045 Sante Fe Drive; free
- Double Ogg Dare Festival – Family Adventure and Challenge 9 - 4 p.m. Saturday; Shawnee Mission Park, Shawnee; $5 admission
Buzz Beach Ball: Modern rock on two stages, featuring Phoenix, Alt-J, Awglnation, Coheed and Cambria, Ms Mr. 2:30 to around midnight Friday at Richard L. Berkley Riverfront Park. Tickets: $45 GA
Concert for the Climate: Focusing on the global impact of climate change, with keynote speaker Robert F. Kennedy Jr. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Kaw Point Riverfront Park, Kansas City, Kan. Admission: Free