The Weekend To-Do List: June 28-30, 2013
By Brian McTavish & Kaitlin Brennan • Jun 28, 2013
Need to get out of the house this weekend? Brian McTavish has some ideas for you on the Weekend To-Do List.
- Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper: Masters of Madness Tour (Rock), gates open at 5 p.m. Thursday at Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre, 6332 N. 130th, Bonner Springs. Tickets: $15
- Maker Faire: Kansas City 2013 (Third annual family friendly event featuring crafters, inventors, hackers, scientists and artists showing what they make and how they make it), 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Union Station, 30 W. Pershing. Admission: $10; $7 for ages 3 to 12 and 65 and older.
- Black Powder and Frontier Revolver Shoot Out (Jesse James-inspired marksmanship contest), Registration begins at 8 a.m. Saturday; shoot begins at 9 a.m. ($15 entry fee) at Jesse James Farm and Museum, 21216 James Farm Road, Kearney, Mo. Admission: Free to watch event.
- Ed Asner as FDR (Celeb actor and KCK native stars in one man show as U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt), 7 p.m. Saturday at Wyandotte High School Auditorium, 2501 Minnesota, Kansas City, Kan. Tickets: $15.
- “The Knights” (Gorilla Theatre’s outdoor production of Greek satire by Aristophanes), 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at South steps of Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, 4225 Oak. Admission: Free.