Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Tue February 12, 2013
The Walmart Effect On Kansas City
The convenience and accessibility of Walmart as a one stop shop is what makes the business empire one of the most successful in the country. It is also the largest private employer in the United States and Mexico, but when a Walmart comes to town, what effects does it bring in terms of jobs and the local economy?
Tuesday on Central Standard we look at Walmart's impact on our local economies. We talk with economics professor at Ball State University Mike Hicks, Daniel Morales, the company's Communications Director and hear the reaction from residents in Lee's Summit about a proposed store coming to the area.