Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- How The Kansas-Missouri State Line Became A Road
Mon March 12, 2012
Filling in the lost hour with the usual suspects that include new music by guitarist Bob Ardern, new to the Night Tides lineup, and Ian Boddy/Erik Wøllo team up to thrill fans of electronic music.
Bob Ardern hails from England, but has lived most of his adult life in Canada. He began learning the guitar during the 60s' and 70s' rise of popular folk music. He plays primarily finger-style guitar, occasionally contributing vocals and collaborating with other artists to create multi-instrumental pieces. Wires Rosewood & Roots was released earlier this year.
Ian Boddy and Erik Wollo are two European musicians. Boddy has been creating electronic music since the early 80s, and has become well-known for his diverse experimentations with found sound and electronic sound design and production. Boddy plays and composes in classical, jazz, rock and electronic styles. Their collaborative album, Frontiers, was released earlier this year on Boddy's record lable, DiN.
Listen to this week's program using the links above, and sample songs from the featured artists in the videos below, via Youtube.