Most Active Stories
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- Four Playoff Teams, One Kansas City Firm: Populous Rules The Ballparks
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- KU Hospital: Patient Admitted Monday At 'Low To Moderate Risk' Of Ebola
Up to Date
Fri September 27, 2013
Triple Threat: Dance Companies Join For Performance
It's the ultimate collaboration for three dancing companies in Kansas City. The Kansas City Ballet will join forces with Owen/CoxDance Group and Wylliams/Henry Contemporary Dance to present a triumvirate of original work .
On Friday's Up to Date, we talk about why this collaboration is so groundbreaking and what it means for dance culture in the city.
- Emily Behrmann is the general manager of the JCCC Performing Arts Series.
- Jeffrey Bentley has been the executive director for the Kansas City Ballet since 1998.
- Mary Pat Henry is the artistic director and co-founder of the Wylliams/Henry Dance Company and professor of ballet and associate dean of faculty affairs at the University of Missouri-Kansas City's Conservatory of Music and Dance.
HEAR MORE: The performances of New Dance Partners will be at 8 p.m. Sept. 27 and 28. Tickets range from $16 to 40. For more performance information, call (913) 469-4445 or click here.