Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Thu November 7, 2013
Transfer Limbo: KCMO Schools And Parents Explore Options
To transfer or not to transfer? That’s the question for Kansas City public school students who are in limbo as they wait for the outcome of a lawsuit to find out what their options are.
In the first part of Thursday's Up to Date, we look at how local superintendents are responding to a potential flood of inter-district student transfers and what solutions they’re proposing to help the ailing Kansas City, Mo., district. A bit later in the program, we examine what one local mom is doing to help other parents weigh their options with a new website.
- Robert Bartman is superintendent of the Center School District.
- Jamekia Kendrix is a parent advocate who lives in Kansas City, Mo.
- Tricia Johnson is the creator of the Show Me KC Schools website.
- Joe Robertson is an education reporter for The Kansas City Star.