Most Active Stories
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Tue July 17, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Murder charges filed in Edgerton, Mo. Deaths. Missouri Governor take in more than $2 million for his war chest. It’s a daily digest of headlines from KCUR.
Murder Charges Filed In The Deaths Of Missing Edgerton Women
A Trimble, Missouri man has been charged with killing Brittny Haarup and her sister Ashley Key, the two young women who disappeared from an Edgerton home on Friday. Platte County Sheriff Richard Anderson hasn't said what led authorities to Clifford Miller, but he does say that Miller admitted to killing the two sisters. Read more here.
Nixon Adds $2.1 Million To Campaign Chest
Gov. Jay Nixon’s re-election war chest continues to grow, according to new figures released today. Nixon raised $2.1 million between April and June, and had over $7.6 million in his account as of July 1. His campaign calls it his strongest fundraising quarter this election cycle and says his bank account is twice the size it was around this time in July 2008. Read more about Nixon and want other candidates have raised here.