Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue February 4, 2014
Tell KCUR: What's The Coolest Thing You've Ever Done On A Snow Day?
Kansas Citians are pretty accustomed to snow days after the past 12 months.
A year ago, a winter storm clobbered Kansas City with 20.5 inches of snow.
The February snowfall, which made it into the record books at the National Weather Service, preceded several other severe snow storms that hit Kansas City in 2013.
A year later, the Missouri Department of Transportation urged Kansas Citians to stay off the roads Tuesday because of close to 10 inches of snow in the local forecast.
The anticipated storm may not break any records, but it got us wondering about how Kansas Citians spend their snow days.
Tell KCUR: What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done on a snow day with your kids or friends?
You also can leave us a voicemail at 816-235-2881.
We’ll share your snow day stories on the air and online Thursday.
Tell KCUR is part of a new initiative to engage the community and shine a light on your experiences and opinions. We’ll ask a new question every week and then share your feedback on the air and online.