Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Up To Date
Mon July 15, 2013
Tackling The World's Problems, One Step At A Time
We’d all like to make a difference in the world, but doing so on our own might seem overwhelming. And when it comes to global issues such as climate change, tackling such big challenges can feel impossible.
On Tuesday's Up To Date, psychologist and author Mary Pipher joins us to discuss how she shifted from penning therapy-focused books to taking on the Keystone XL oil pipeline in her new book, The Green Boat. She talks about organizing a grassroots campaign and offers up suggestions for turning hesitation, avoidance or even anger about today’s problems into action.
HEAR MORE: Dr. Pipher will speak at the Unity Temple on The Plaza, 707 W. 47th St., at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 16. She'll answer questions and sign copies after her presentation. For ticket information, contact Rainy Day Books in Fairway at 913 384 3126.
Dr. Mary Pipher is a therapist, writer and speaker and the author of nine books including Reviving Ophelia, a #1 New York Times bestseller for 26 weeks. Her area of interest is how American culture influences the health of its people.