Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Tue March 19, 2013
St. Patty's Hangover With 'Blarney Stoned'
Six years ago, cook and guitarist Mark Vick got tired of spending St. Patrick’s Day working behind the bar instead of jamming onstage. So he and a few of his musician friends started the band, Blarney Stoned.
This raucous, modern Irish rock band throws together drums, a fiddle, a mandolin, a banjo, whiskey and some stage acrobatics--inviting audience members to do what their name suggests and “get Blarney Stoned.”
“It’s like, I’m feeling good. I’m drunk and I’ve got my 'stoned' on, and then the next day, it feels like a rock fell on you,” said Vick.
The group has become a staple for St. Patty’s Day blowouts around the Kansas City area, performing six gigs this past weekend. And now, they’ve released a self-titled CD.