Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Wed January 30, 2013
Sporting KC’s Kamara Makes Premier Move
Sporting Kansas City forward Kei Kamara will be making a move across the pond at least temporarily.
Sporting KC announced Wednesday morning that forward Kei Kamara would go on loan to Norwich City.
The loan would last through May 6th and Norwich City would have the option to make it a permanent transfer at that time. If Norwich City doesn’t take that option, Kamara would return to Kansas City for the rest of the Major League Soccer season.
“We have a very strong roster and this enables another player to step up,” said Vermes.
Kamara was a fan favorite in his time at Sporting KC and said he is thankful for the opportunity.
“It is a very bittersweet day as I am excited to achieve one of my goals, whis was to play in the EPL,” said Kamara.
In seven MLS seasons, Kamara scored 45 goals and performed 21 assists. He led Sporting KC in goals in each of his three seasons with the team.
Kamara has also been tapped by the Sierre Leone national team, appearing 14 times and scoring two goals.