Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Tue October 1, 2013
Shutdown: What Does It Mean For You?
When the country woke up Tuesday morning, it found a partially-shutdown federal government That meant 800,000 workers furloughed, services curtailed, national parks closed, the EPA virtually shuttered and much more.
On Tuesday's Up to Date we talk with Congressmen Emanuel Cleaver and Kevin Yoder about the latest negotiations between Republicans and Democrats and between factions within the Republican Party.
- Congressman Emanuel Cleaver II is serving his fifth term as U.S. representative for Missouri's 5th congressional district. He is a member of the Democratic Party, and in January 2010 became chair of the Congressional Black Caucus. Having served for twelve years on the city council of Missouri’s largest municipality, Kansas City, Cleaver was elected as the city’s first African American mayor in 1991.
- Congressman Kevin Yoder is the U.S. Representative for Kansas' 3rd Congressional District. He serves on House subcommittees for Financial Services and General Government, Military Constructions and Veterans Affairs, and Commerce, Justice and Science. He is a member of the Republican Party, and was the Kansas state representative for the 20th District from 2002 until 2011.
Up to Date