Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Wed April 3, 2013
It’s been less than 20 years since cell phones became ubiquitous and children of the 90s have never known a world without them. Now, as those children come to age, we’re witnessing the startling confluence of technology and sexual awakening. The results have been children becoming not just the victims, but also the perpetuators of sexual exploitation--some even becoming convicted sex offenders. We take a look at the complicated world of children sexting with Haleigh Harrold, Education and outreach specialists for the Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault and officer Tom Hayselden, a School Resource Officer for the Shawnee Mission school district.