Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu May 13, 2010
Sculptures Influenced by Nature at Powell Gardens
In recent years, visitors to Powell Gardens, the 930-acre botanical garden east of Kansas City, have encountered stone sculptures from Zimbabwe, and 30 foot dinosaurs - or explored tree houses and mazes.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – In one of this year's outdoor exhibitions, artist Lyman Whitaker's copper blade sculptures turn with the wind. KCUR's Laura Spencer reports.
Wind Sculpture by Lyman Whitaker
April 1-May 31
Dave Rogers' Big Bugs
May 29-October 3, 2010