Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Thu February 7, 2013
'The Science of Consequences'
In the course of a day you make lots of decisions and each one has a consequence. Sometimes very trivial, other times the consequence may be profound. Today on Central Standard, we look into the subject of the science of consequences with Susan Schneider, author of The Science of Consequences: How They Affect Genes, Change the Brain, and Impact Our World.
We look at negative and positive outcomes to our behavior and see how “enriched environments” may be able to reverse damage to the brain. Find out how our gene pool isn’t unlike that of a yeast, a single cell amoeba, mice or even a banana. We also learn about how the consequences relate parenting, marriage, work relationships and addiction among other things.