Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
Up to Date
Thu March 27, 2014
School Boards: Helping Or Hurting Local Districts?
When you think about schools, you picture classrooms, teachers and students. But where do school boards fit in?
On Thursday's Up to Date, we talk about the elected representatives of school districts, who can be a critical part of educational planning and the new survey that's questioning whether these leaders are helping or hurting the cause.
- Joe Robertson, reporter for the Kansas City Star
- Michael Petrilli, executive vice-president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute