Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu February 14, 2013
Royals Baseball Play-Caller Bob Davis To Retire
A mainstay of Kansas City Royals baseball broadcasting is retiring. Bob Davis plans to devote more time to University of Kansas play-by-play.
Sixteen years with the Royals, Davis said he thinks he knew broadcasting baseball games was a different art form that basketball or football when he joined the Royals, “ that’s where, I think, sports-casting really started was with major league baseball and somewhat after that, college football. I think that with all the great sportscasters in history, they all did baseball.”
Davis became almost as famous as some sports stars by his signature broadcasting style.
Another reason for the 68 year old Davis’ Royals retirement is to spend more time with his wife Linda who has been fighting Parkinson’s disease.