Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Mon November 11, 2013
Retiring Planned Parenthood Leader Reviews Years Of Battles
Protests and legal challenges are common when you’re the regional head of the prominent family planning organization, Planned Parenthood.
In the first part of Monday's Up to Date, we sit down with Peter Brownlie, the retiring president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri. Brownlie discusses his legal battles with former Kansas Attorney General and District Attorney Phill Kline, protests, and why he wore a bulletproof vest to work.
- Peter Brownlie, retiring president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri. From 1978 to 1982, he was the CEO at Planned Parenthood of North Central Indiana, and from 1982 to 1996 he was CEO at Planned Parenthood of North Texas.