Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue March 12, 2013
Rest in Pieces
When most of us think about death, we assume our bodies will take the traditional routes of being cremated or buried. This is not always the case as author Bess Lovejoy points out in her new book, Rest In Pieces released this month. Rest In Pieces shares the journeys famous corpses took before being laid to rest.
On this Central Standard, learn about the road trip Einstein's brain took across the country, or the bizarre lengths people went to in order to destroy Joan of Arc's body, and the exciting funeral of Hunter S. Thompson. Stories sometimes don't end at death.