Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Fri January 10, 2014
Repairing The Economy With City Policies
The economy has been in trouble for a while — that's no secret. But a new idea about the "metropolitan revolutions" proposes investments in things like infrastructure and manufacturing on a city level.
In the first part of Monday's Up to Date, we talk about the implications of this philosophy and where it could lead.
- Bruce Katz, a vice president at the Brookings Institution and founding director of the Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program
HEAR MORE: Bruce Katz speaks at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 15 at the Kansas City Library Plaza branch, 4801 Main Street, Kansas City, Mo. A free 6 p.m. reception precedes the event.
Up to Date