Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu January 17, 2013
Reflections on high school
Watching the teenage experience
In 2008, High School Confidential, a documentary-type show that followed 12 high school girls at Blue Valley Northwest High School in Overland Park through their four years of high school, aired on WE tv. Sharon Liese is the filmmaker who created this show, and conceived the idea to create a documentary about the high school experience when her own daughter was going through high school.
The 12 girls profiled deal with issues ranging from depression and suicide, teenage pregnancy and religious beliefs. Sharon and two of the women in the show join Brian Ellison to talk about their time on the show and what it was like having people watch them grow up.
High School Confidential is now in its second season following high school girls in Chicago.