Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Up to Date
Wed September 11, 2013
A Presidential Bond: Likable Ike & Tricky Dick
It was an odd couple who won the 1952 presidential race: Likable Dwight "Ike" Eisenhower and tricky Richard "Dick" Nixon.
In the second part of Thursday's Up to Date, we’ll take a look at the complicated relationship between the two men with Jeffrey Frank, author of Ike and Dick: Portrait of a Strange Political Marriage.
- Jeffrey Frank was a senior editor at The New Yorker and the deputy editor of the Washington Post’s Outlook section. He is the author of four novels, including The Columnist, Bad Publicity and Trudy Hopedale.
HEAR MORE: Jeffrey Frank will speak Sept. 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the Plaza Branch of the Kansas City Public Library, 4801 Main St.
Central Standard Friday