Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Thu April 17, 2014
Passionate Sustainability Advocate Vandana Shiva Visits Kansas City
Dr. Vandana Shiva sees issues of diversity playing out in our societies as well as in our grocery stores and on our dinner plates. Central Standard visits with this prolific author and global environmental activist about her unique blend of science and philosophy in which feminism, economic theory, quantum physics and agricultural history combine to create a compelling world view.
Dr. Shiva stops by the studio to explain her perspective and to tell her personal story.
For information on two opportunities to hear Vandana Shiva speak about "Cultivating Diversity, Freedom and Hope" while she's in Kansas City, go to the Cultivate KC website.
- Vandana Shiva, founder, Navdanya