Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu April 17, 2014
Passionate Sustainability Advocate Vandana Shiva Visits Kansas City
Dr. Vandana Shiva sees issues of diversity playing out in our societies as well as in our grocery stores and on our dinner plates. Central Standard visits with this prolific author and global environmental activist about her unique blend of science and philosophy in which feminism, economic theory, quantum physics and agricultural history combine to create a compelling world view.
Dr. Shiva stops by the studio to explain her perspective and to tell her personal story.
For information on two opportunities to hear Vandana Shiva speak about "Cultivating Diversity, Freedom and Hope" while she's in Kansas City, go to the Cultivate KC website.
- Vandana Shiva, founder, Navdanya