Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon December 3, 2012
The New American City
We're live from the Kauffman Center at the CityAge, New American City Conference as part of a double bill featuring Central Standard and Up To Date.
We're joined by Tim Duggan, senior landscape architect at the Make it Right Foundation and Simon O’Byrne, Vice President of urban planning at Stantec to talk about urban renewal, why it's critical to city success and just how to achieve it.
According to the United Nations Fund for Population Activities in 2008, for the first time in human history, more people live in cities and towns than in the countryside. This demographic shift has been worldwide, most prominently in Asia and Africa, but also in America.
While this provides great opportunities for our communities, it also presents very real challenges. Specifically, how do we build strong communities as cities grow rapidly? How do we nurture the original neighborhoods into thriving centers of commerce, art, education and fulfillment?
Tim Duggan of the Make it Right Foundation and Simon O'Byrne of Stantec will explore the opportunities and success that have helped transform American cities.
Up to Date
Up to Date