Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Thu February 14, 2013
The Love Hangover
In the world of music, so many songs center around one common subject: love. But for those who aren't singing the praises of romance, there are plenty of songs about the darker and more cynical side of love. Richard Alwyn joins Central Standard to share his favorite songs for the lonely heart and to talk about his live event, The Love Hangover.
Alwyn's annual musical performance, started by the Kansas City native, happens the day after Valentine's Day. Musicians gather and are required to play songs about love, whether that be the positive or negative side. The show is now performed in five cities, and the Kansas City show is Feb. 15th at the Record Bar.
The songs Alwyn picked as his favorite anti-love songs are listed below, and more listener picks are listed on our Facebook page.
When You Were Mine- Prince
I Don't Want Him-Nina Simone
Hallelujah- Leonard Cohen
Ain't No Sunshine- Bill Withers
Fake Plastic Trees- Radiohead
A Letter to Elise- The Cure