Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu June 26, 2014
Let's Talk About Death, Baby
It's one of life's great inevitables, and we don't mean taxes.
Death Cafes, where people get together to hang out and talk about death and dying, have started popping up in cities worldwide. Locally, we have two Death Cafes: one in St. Joseph, Mo. and another in Kansas City, Mo.
On Thursday's Central Standard, we learned about what exactly goes on at a Death Cafe. We also explored why talking about death is such a foreign concept for so many people when it's one of the few experiences we all have in common.
Kansas City's next Death Cafe convenes Thursday, June 26 at 7 PM. Find details here.