Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri December 17, 2010
KCUR Morning News 12-17-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – The Kansas City council ordered an audit of some Port Authority transactions yesterday, but still wouldn't confirm appointments that the mayor made to the Authority and the city's other economic development agency.
The Associated Press is reporting that Jay Nixon will seek a second term as Governor of Missouri.
Missouri is dropping a civil suit against a former state accountant after she repaid money taken from the Missouri Veterans Commission.
Missouri's incoming House speaker says he's urging colleagues to decline gifts from lobbyists.
Kansas' unemployment rate hit 6.7 percent last month.
Kansas City International ranks No. 1 among major airports on Twitter interactions with customers.
The 13th-ranked Missouri men's basketball team posted an 81-62 win over Oral Roberts last night.