Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Wed July 28, 2010
Kansas City Art Institute Students Create Murals for Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
As the shell-like concrete curves take shape on the $413 million Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, the building is about 75 percent complete. The most noticeable change last week - installation started on the first pieces of exterior glass for the grand lobby.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Inside what will be the home for ballet and opera, the Muriel Kauffman Theatre, sixteen Kansas City Art Institute students are currently at work on a four-story mural. KCUR's Laura Spencer stopped by the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts recently to check on the progress.
For a behind-the-scenes look, check out the Kansas City Art Institute blog.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast
Funding for arts coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency