Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Wed February 20, 2013
How The Civil Rights Movement Evolved
What started as a few protests and sit-ins evolved into the Civil Rights movement, but how did that happen?
On Thursday's Up to Date, we’ll talk Taylor Branch, a historian who wrote about the 18 key moments that led to the massive movement in The King Years: Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement.
Taylor Branch is the author of Parting the Waters: America in the King Years, 1954-63; Pillar of Fire: America in the King Years, 1963-65; At Canaan’s Edge: America in the King Years, 1965-1968; and The Clinton Tapes. He has won the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Critics Circle Award.