Most Active Stories
- Huffington Post Names Kansas City 'Coolest' City In America
- Food Critics: The Best Smoked Foods In Kansas City
- 7 Things To Kick Off Fall This Weekend In Kansas City
- Things You May Not Have Known About The Kansas-Missouri State Line
- At Twenty, Kansas City's 'Sky Stations' Are An Artist's 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Project
Up to Date
Tue October 15, 2013
Grandmothers Against Gun Violence
In the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School and Washington Navy Yard shootings, many find themselves questioning the use of guns in society.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, we talk with a Cape Cod grandma who wants to change the dialogue on gun violence in this country. She joins Steve Kraske to discuss her plan to encourage accountability and responsibility while finding common ground with gun owners.
- Linda Alhart is president of the Cape Cod Grandmothers Against Gun Violence.
- Kathleen Glueck is the Mental Health Literacy Chair for the Cape Cod Grandmothers Against Gun Violence. Her grandson was at Sandy Hook Elementary when the shooting occurred. He survived without injury.
To learn more about the local chapter of Grandmothers Against Gun Violence send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.