Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Business & Tech
Fri July 5, 2013
Governor Attends Paris Airshow To Meet With Industry Officials
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback says the state is serious about attracting investments from aircraft and aviation companies.
Brownback attended the Paris Air Show last month to meet with industry representatives. He says the air show, which bills itself as the world's largest, provides an opportunity to showcase Kansas as a place for aviation business.
“More and more European companies are looking to establish operations in the U.S.,” says Brownback. “Airbus has established a big facility in Alabama. We think we can do a lot on the supply chain for Airbus, they had a suppliers conference here.”
Brownback says the state even made offers to some of the companies...but he did not disclose any details.
Economic development officials from the Wichita area also attended the air show.