Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Thu April 11, 2013
Getting A Handle On The Financial Crisis
With the financial crisis, it seems everyone’s got economics on the brain—and for good reason.
Up to Date, we talk with economic experts Brad DeLong, Stephanie Kelton, and Stan Collender. They're bloggers who want the public to have a better understanding of how the national economic systems work.
Brad DeLong is a professor of Economics and chair of the Political Economy major at the University of California, Berkeley. He served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of the United States Department of the Treasury in the Clinton Administration under Lawrence Summers. He is also a research associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, and is a visiting scholar at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Visit his blog at: http://delong.typepad.com/.
Stephanie Kelton is chair of the UMKC Department of Economics. Her blog is New Economic Perspectives.
Stan Collender is Qorvis Communications’ National Director of Financial Communications. His blog is CapitalGainsandGames.com