Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Sun February 5, 2012
Game Day 2012
A Super Bowl party isn't the same without the music of Night Tides - this week including new music from local artists Magnetic Wind and Steve Brand.
Magnetic Wind is a local Kansas City woman whose music combines synths, soft instrumentation, found and experimental sounds, and some vocals. She has two albums, 2009's Magnetic Wind, and 2011's Bhakti: Aham Prema, as well as several projects scheduled for release this year.
Steve Brand has been making music in Kansas City since the early 90s. His early work, which he describes as experimental, was produced under the name "Augur." His more recent releases are relaxing pieces of ambient sound. He has released tracks under several U.S. labels, as well as the Italian label "Afe," and recently created his own music label, "Pioneer Light Music."