Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
Up to Date
Mon January 13, 2014
Former NAACP Chair On The Continuing Struggle Of Civil Rights
Former NAACP national chair Julian Bond was part of the original Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.
In the second part of Monday's Up to Date, we talk with him about his involvement in civil rights and how it’s still relevant in today’s climate. We also get his impressions of Obama’s presidency.
- Julian Bond, founding member of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) and former national chair for the NAACP.
HEAR MORE: Julian Bond speaks at noon Tuesday at the Southern Christian Leadership Conference community luncheon at the Sheraton Crown Center, 2345 McGee in Kansas City, Mo. Tickets are $60 and are available online at www.sclckc.org or at 816-241-8100.
Up to Date