Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Up to Date
Mon October 28, 2013
Former Costco CEO On His Company's Success
Not many retail companies can or want to boast that their employees are paid $21 an hour and given health insurance, but Costco is proud to do so.
On Monday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with founder and former Costco CEO Jim Sinegal about the wild success and the almost unparalleled employee compensation that his company is known for. We'll find out why Sinegal decided to pay his workers over twice the national minimum wage, and what effects it has on their work ethic and shareholders' blood pressure.
- Jim Sinegal is the founder and former CEO of Costco. He is the recipient of the 2013 International Entrepreneur of the Year honor from the Bloch School of Business at UMKC.