Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Up to Date
Fri July 26, 2013
Encore Broadcast: Comedian Jim Gaffigan On The Gaffes Of Parenthood
Comedian Jim Gaffigan knows that a four-year-old eating a taco and throwing a taco on the floor is pretty much the same thing, and he can teach you a thing or two about co-opting your kid’s Halloween candy.
In Friday's encore broadcast of Up to Date from May, Steve Kraske talks with Gaffigan about his new book, Dad is Fat, and explore the things that no one tells you about the funny business of parenting.
Some highlights from his conversation with Steve Kraske:
- "There's something wildly addictive about the moment of creative fulfillment."
- "Once Letterman thought I was funny, everyone thought I was funny."
- "I have to be comfortable with being a guy who does stand-up because he enjoys it."
- "I want my stand-up to appeal to everyone in the room, so I censored myself about parenting."
Jim Gaffigan on McDonald's:
Jim Gaffigan on Hot Pockets:
Jim Gaffigan has appeared at a stand-up comedian on The Late Show with David Letterman and Late Night with Conan O'Brien and featured in his own one-hour Comedy Central Special, Beyond the Pale. He has had roles in The Ellen Show, That 70s Show, Sex and the City, Third Watch, My Boys and each of the Law and Order shows. Gaffigan's other recent film credits include The Living Wake, Stephanie Daley, Trust the Man, 13 Going on 30, Three Kings, Final, Igby Goes Down, Entropy, and Thirty Years to Life.
Up to Date