Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed August 22, 2012
Economic Roundtable: Why Are We Screwed?
The Eurozone debt crisis is only half over according to a major credit rating agency. American economic growth is still slow, unemployment still relatively high, and lawmakers continue to argue over the budget deficit. We have the solution: a roundtable discussion with UMKC Economists.
On this Wednesday's Central Standard, we're joined by Stephanie Kelton, Associate Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and Randall Wray, Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. They both write for the website New Economic Perspectives.
See the Stand-up Economist on September 10th at 7pm. He'll be performing at the UMKC Student Union. Tickets are $10, and students get in free. More info here.