Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Up to Date
Thu August 22, 2013
Comedian Chris Kattan: More Than Mango
Do you miss spending a night at the Roxbury? What about the glitzy flair, and the exotic touch of Mango, the uninhibited, scantily-clad dancer?
In the first portion of Friday's Up to Date Steve Kraske welcomes comedian Chris Kattan to talk about his years on Saturday Night Live and how sketch comedy compares with his new stand-up tour.
HEAR MORE: Chris Kattan appears this weekend at Stanford & Sons Comedy Club. He takes the stage at 7:45 and 9:45 Friday and Saturday nights.
- Powered by a chameleonic charisma and aggressive energy that belied his small frame, Chris Kattan created many popular impressions and characters, including the exotic dancer Mango, the monkey man Mr. Peepers, the wannabe Goth teen Azrael Abyss and most memorably with Will Ferrell, as a pair of nightclub-hopping, head-bopping brothers. So popular was the latter skits that Kattan and Ferrell wrote and starred in the movie version, “A Night at the Roxbury.” Read more about Kattan here.
Up to Date