Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Wed January 16, 2013
Captive Audience: The Telecom Industry
Ten years ago, the United States stood at the forefront of the Internet revolution. With some of the fastest speeds and lowest prices in the world for high-speed Internet access, the nation was poised to be the global leader in the new knowledge-based economy.
Today that global competitive advantage has all but vanished.
On Wednesday's Central Standard, we'll talk changes in the telecommunications industry with Susan Crawford, author of the book Captive Audience: The Telecom Industry and Monopoly Power in the New Gilded Age.