Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Tue January 1, 2013
'Call Me Dad, Not Dude'
He's been called “a cuter, younger male version of Erma Bombeck."
In the first part of Wednesday's Up to Date Steve Kraske introduces us to Matt Keenan, the author of Call Me Dad, Not Dude. The Sequel: Surviving the perils of parenting one teen at a time. Known for combining humor with his insight of the teenage mind, Keenan talks about parenting, admitting that a wife sometimes really does know best, the teen misery index, and growing older.
Matthew Keenan is an attorney with Shook, Hardy & Bacon, L.L.P. practicing in the areas of Pharmaceutical & Medical Device, and Global Product Liability. Honored among The Best Lawyers in America and with the Outstanding Service Award to the Kansas Bar, Matt is a consistent contributor to legal journals and a frequent presenter at professional conferences. A monthly columnist since 2005 for the Kansas Bar Journal, Keenan is also an award-winning columnist for The Kansas City Star. He is married to Lori Hickman Keenan and they have four children.