Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- How The Kansas-Missouri State Line Became A Road
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
Wed August 29, 2012
BREAD KC! Kneading Needs
On this Wednesday's Central Standard, how a group of Kansas City artists are putting an end to that whole starving artist thing.
Joining us is Andrew Erdrich, Sean Starowitz and Erin Olm-Shipman for BREAD KC!, a group that raises the unleavened bread of artists through microgrants from community dinners. We'll hear how the easiest grant process ever has helped launch innovative new works in our community.
Join BREAD! for a BATTLE OF THE BANDS hosted at the recordBar! If you are in a band, are a musician, or know anyone in the field that is seeking funds, please spread the word. They're looking to fund tours, recordings, special events, pressings, and more. Applications due September 3rd, and the event will be taking place September 8th at 5 p.m. DON’T FORGET TO RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food & Drink