Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Mon March 10, 2014
The Book Doctors: Adventure Tales
Follow the adventures of a boy as he swaps toys for grown-up pursuits and childhood tales of Lenin for the American Dream. And if you like a little adventure, join a pizza hotline operator as he tries to figure out how to deal with a time traveler.
On Monday's Up to Date, the Book Doctors return to share these tales and more as they tell us about the books that have been keeping them warm this winter.
- Kaite Stover, director of readers' services at the Kansas City Public Library.
- Jeffrey Ann Goudie, freelance writer, editor and reviewer.
- Steve Paul, member of The Kansas City Star's editorial board
- Grace Suh, writer, editor and blogger
- A Highly Unlikely Scenario by Rachel Cantor
- The $11 Billion Year: From Sundance to the Oscars, an Inside Look at the Changing Hollywood System by Anne Thompson
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
Jeffrey Ann Goudie:
- Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi
- This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
- How to Read a Novelist by John Freeman
- Remarkable Kansas Women by Gina Kaufmann
- The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert
- The Burglary by Betty Bedsger
- Bark by Lorrie Moore
- In Korean Wilds and Villages by Sten Berman
- Little Failure by Gary Shteyngart
- Collected Stories of Mavis Gallant
Up To Date
Up to Date