Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Tue September 10, 2013
Biking, Bamboo Style
When you think of getting a bicycle, finding one made of bamboo isn't usually your first thought.
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, we talk with University of Kansas design professor Lance Rake about how he took an underused Alabama crop and turned it into an economic stimulus for the town of Greensboro, Ala.
- Lance Rake, a professor at the University of Kansas, has also taught at Auburn University in Alabama and UNITEC (formerly Carrington Technical Institute) in Auckland, New Zealand. He taught a short course in computer modeling and animation at Konstfackskolan in Stockholm and was a visiting professor at Staffordshire University in Stoke-on-Trent in the United Kingdom and Halmstad University in Halmstad, Sweden.