Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Fri March 7, 2014
Analyzing The Kansas School Funding Ruling
This morning, the Kansas Supreme Court ruled that a lower court will deal with what it called unconstitutional inadequate funding for the state's K-12 schools.
On Friday's Up to Date, we take a look at what the 110-page ruling will mean for school funding, how the lower court might handle the the details and how all this affects this fall's race for the governor's office.
- Burdett Loomis, professor of political science, University of Kansas
- Kansas State Rep. Melissa Rooker (R-25)
- Kansas State Rep. Scott Schwab (R-49)
- Kansas City, Kan., Schools Superintendent Cynthia Lane