Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
Up to Date
Fri March 7, 2014
Analyzing The Kansas School Funding Ruling
This morning, the Kansas Supreme Court ruled that a lower court will deal with what it called unconstitutional inadequate funding for the state's K-12 schools.
On Friday's Up to Date, we take a look at what the 110-page ruling will mean for school funding, how the lower court might handle the the details and how all this affects this fall's race for the governor's office.
- Burdett Loomis, professor of political science, University of Kansas
- Kansas State Rep. Melissa Rooker (R-25)
- Kansas State Rep. Scott Schwab (R-49)
- Kansas City, Kan., Schools Superintendent Cynthia Lane