Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Michael started volunteering for the membership drives back in 1997 and has also helped at other KCUR events such as the Great Record Sale I and II, the Ethnic Enrichment Festival, and both live broadcasts of "A Prairie Home Companion" from Starlight Theatre. His on-air career began in December, 2000, as a part-time announcer during classical music. He later became our Saturday afternoon announcer before moving on up to full-time Morning Edition host in November 2002. Occasionally, you might hear his voice on "The Fish Fry", where he serves as a fill-in for Chuck when he's away; he also engineers interview segments and edits the show's archived broadcasts. In his spare time (and yes, he does have some), Michael loves being an uncle to his niece and nephews (Abigail, Hayden, and Nathan, Uncle Mike loves you!) and enjoys ethnic restaurants, listening to live music and sleeping.