Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Become A Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at KCUR! Volunteering is a terrific way to show your support for the station.
Currently, we are looking for volunteers to help us during our Membership Drive. Our 300+ volunteers are vital to making our membership drives a success.
KCUR volunteers answer calls with a friendly voice, take pledge and payment information accurately and answer questions from our listeners — all while ensuring that our members have a great “pledging” experience.
We do require all volunteers to attend a training session before each membership drive and commit to at least one 2-3 hour shift during the membership drive. They must also be comfortable:
- using a phone with headset
- entering data in real-time from callers on a web-based computer entry screen
- representing KCUR to the general public
- working closely with other volunteers in a fast-paced environment, often intermixed with slow periods.
If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering during our membership drives, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We occasionally need clerical help or assistance with special events. Currently, we do not have any volunteer needs on a daily or weekly basis.
If you are interested in KCUR’s internship program, please click here to find out more.